Monday, October 29, 2012

I grew a potato!!

After waking up feeling like a bear with a sore head less than happy this morning, I wandered out into the backyard and peered at my orange tree to see whether my lone remaining orange had been blown off the tree yet, when I spied...................a potato!! Not on the orange tree. Under it.
OK. So it's not such a big potato (it's the one at the front. The one at the back is a medium sized mango) but nevertheless, it is still a potato! I'm so happy! I might be a farmer after all!

Last birthday for the year on Saturday with the party on Sunday. We all trooped up to Maleny to have birthday lunch at the Maleny Hotel to celebrate DIL's birthday. Loaded Mum, DD and gorgeous grandson into the car and Bill the Builder drove like a man possessed us all up.
What more do you need, apart from a trashy novel, a box of chocolates and a little bottle of champagne?? I know! A giant bookmark! DIL was a bit taken aback by the size of the bookmark but I liked the design and didn't know what else to do with it. Told her it was a page marker that was difficult to lose!
Some embroidered towels and a massage voucher completed the booty haul from us.
I think Bill the Builder was having a good time.

After the party, we drove up around Nambour and also called into the Ginger Factory at Yandina. Left after a brief visit there, clutching some beautiful ginger sauce, some rocky road and a bottle of lime and ginger marmalade. Yum! Arrived home absolutely shattered a bit tired but a good time was had by all.
Happy birthday, beautiful girl!

1 comment:

  1. A little potato under an orange tree! So curious!

    PS: I'd like to invite to join the Bosisto's giveaway at my blog, I have 4 lavender packs up for grabs here: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/10/bosistos-lavender-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete