Thursday, May 27, 2010

Learning to Knit

My mother is teaching me to knit.  It's not panning out too well, let me tell you.This is eventually going to be a beanie but it sure is hard going! The needles Mum gave me were too short so I bought longer ones. Now the ends stick down into the sleeves of my jammies. When I reported this to Mum, she gave me a stunned look and said "how the hell do you manage that?" which I tend to feel is not what an encouraging teacher would say. Sometimes, I think Dr. Spock would have a field day with my mother.

4 comments:

  1. Do you want me to speak to your mother? I really like the little cardi on the wool wrapper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardi is a free pattern but Mum said I wasn't allowed to take the wrapper off and the pattern is on the inside of the wrapper. Yes. Speak to Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the knitting. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to have you back....My mum is a great knitter...me...not so great....and do you know I have the same problem with knitting needles getting caught up in my sleeves!!

    ReplyDelete