Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fabulous weekend

I love the Gold Coast! So close to home, so beautiful and so affordable. Angela and Paul gave Bill the Builder a weekend at the Gold Coast for his birthday. Naturally, I had to go too! We stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was just fabulous! This was the night view from our room on the 20th floor. It was pouring rain when we woke up on Saturday morning, so we didn't leave until later....................
............which was a good thing because I had to make my block of the week for the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

 
 BOW 1 Ladies' Aid Album Block F~8

How would that have looked if I was in charge of choosing the blocks and setting deadlines and all sorts of other official stuff, and then I didn't get done in time??? Ooowaah! It wouldn't have been good at all! And now to announce (don't you just love announcing??) BOW 2 to everyone ie Lynda.  Lynda has already done her block for the week.


 
Lynda says this photo doesn't show the colours very well. I think it will be just amazing to compare our different colours with the same blocks as we get further along. We were planning on putting the quilt together when we go to Kingaroy in April next year but that means 14 blocks a month and we just aren't up to it yet!

Here is where we are going in April next year. I am going to be the guest speaker! Gads! It is an open day and all funds raised go to really worthwhile charities. There are all sorts of demonstrations and it is a fabulous day. If anyone is in the region, make sure you head on out. Food is fabulous too!

I have to go now. I have to  'announce' the block(s) for next week. There are two because they are easy and somebody got a jump start on me!

Let's have a fantastic week!

PS - I knitted three more rows of my beanie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment