After much thought, I've finally decided to set up a blog! So far, it has been relatively easy, considering that I am a card-carrying techno-wimp. One of the main reasons for my blog is to document the progress on converting the carport to a u-beaut sewing and quilting room for me! At the moment, it is a disaster area because everything had to be pulled away from the walls so that they could be sheeted, plastered and painted.
I had to bite the bullet and turf out some things (this is also a work in progress). So far, I have closed my eyes and thrown out the two years of Better Homes and Gardens which went back to 1981. It wasn't easy. Then I started on ancient copies of Australian Country Craft and Decorating, some so old they didn't have the separate pattern sheet! I've taken out the patterns that I like (and I might get round to doing) and put them in plastic sleeves. Then I threw the magazines out!
Most of the plastering is done and is scheduled to be finished on Thursday. Here's hoping!
50 minutes ago