Monday, February 14, 2011

Motoring along nicely!

Happy Valentine's Day! Now on to the good stuff. Clearly, lists work for me. I think I must be bordering on being a Virgo. I've always loved a good list and my February Focus list is coming along nicely. I've finished another block for Teddy's Tea Party.........
and Churn Dash (block 20) for Farmers Wife Sampler......
which is good because I've also started doing Catalicious by Bronwyn Hayes even though I've really got no business doing that, given my list of UFOs and other projects. I love Bronwyn's work and I love cats. What can I say?
Speaking of cats, I have finally sewn the binding on a cat quilt I started 11 years ago! Yes, I know. Now sewing the binding down has been added to my list and that will mean I only have 32 UFOs!! And speaking of gorgeous critters, these beauties popped in yesterday. How beautiful are they??
The gorgeous Jack

and the mischievous Miss Holly.
It was such a joy to see them. They were on their way back with the caravan after spending the weekend at Pottsville. Jack said he'd been walking, riding his bike, playing his computer games and a whole lot of other things. Holly said she'd been shopping.

I've yanked out another UFO - Vintage Valentine - and have added that to my list. I've done five of the smaller blocks and the large central block so seven smaller blocks to do. I'm aiming to have it finished by 8 May in time for my gorgeous daughter's 40th birthday. It's doable. It's on the list. Also on the list for this week is the two smaller blocks for TTP, two more FWS blocks and the SBS block of the moment, Friendship Star. Oh, and the cat quilt binding. I'll get there. I also think I should get a medal or a prize (preferably cash) because I am using stash on nearly everything. I am SUCH a thrifty quilter!

5 comments:

  1. Motoring along extremely well. And you are such a thrifty quilter. Maybe you deserve a little reward for all your thriftiness and good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done. You sure are going through your UFO's. I am TRYING to as well. It's great you are using up your stash too.
    It is so nice to have your GC pop by.
    I have done most of the "Catalicious" blocks ,one to go.It's one of my UFO's

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting so much accomplished. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Diann and its nice to see the Vintage Valentine on that list of yours.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm nothing to say really ..... thrifty quilter... thinking on that.

    ReplyDelete